Army Chief General Raheel Sharif responds to Indian warmongering on LoC
“We are fully cognisant and closely watching latest happenings in the region and their impact on the security of Pakistan,” the army chief said while addressing a Corps Commanders’ Conference at the GHQ in Rawalpindi on Monday.
The COAS statement, released by Inter Services Public Relations, came in the wake of vitriolic statements emanating from India after the Uri attack which claimed lives of 17 Indian army personnel.
Corps Commander’s Conference was held at GHQ today. General Raheel Sharif, COAS presided over the meeting. Forum... https://t.co/5ECwZ2wZep
— ISPR (@ISPR_Official) September 19, 2016
According to the ISPR statement, the external and internal security situation and operational preparedness of the army were comprehensively reviewed on the occasion.
“Pakistan’s armed forces together with our resilient nation have surmounted every challenge and will thwart any sinister design against the integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan in future as well,” the statement quoted the army chief as saying.
Praising the steady progress of Zarb-i-Azb, the general paid glowing tributes to military and security personnel who have been rendering great sacrifices in the war against terrorism.
The army chief’s remarks came hours after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s senior aide Sartaj Aziz said the attack on an Indian military base in Kashmir was a blatant attempt on New Delhi’s part to deflect attention from the pressing situation in Indian-held Kashmir.
Rejecting Indian claims of Pakistan’s involvement in Sunday’s attack as “baseless” and “irresponsible”, Aziz termed them “a blatant attempt on India’s part to deflect attention from the fast deteriorating humanitarian and human rights situation in Indian-held Kashmir since the death of Burhan Wani”.
A report in Indian media also suggested that the Indian military was “determined to carry out limited but punitive cross-border strikes” in the aftermath of Uri attack.
The Indian army has reportedly resolved to use concentrated artillery barrages and sniping operations and has formally requested the Modi government to consider cross-border adventure to send a message to Pakistan, which it holds responsible for the attack, the report said.
- Hasheeh, Shimza, Asad win titles in Hush Puppies Junior National ...11:42 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Twitter finds ‘PTI’ man who attacked PML-N leaders outside ...11:11 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahid Afridi's daugher to get ...09:23 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill eight terrorists including 3 commanders in ...08:26 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021