PM interacts with Pakistani community immediately upon arrival at New York
Interacting with members of Pakistani community upon arrival at New York, the Prime Minister said that today’s Pakistan is far better than the Pakistan of 2013. Pakistan is viewed as politically stable, more secured and economically vibrant country in the comity of nations. The country is emerging as the fastest growing economy in Asia and it has been duly acknowledged by the International Financial Institutions, Rating Agencies and renowned publications globally.
We have been focusing our energies entirely on eradicating terrorism and extremism from our country, revival of economy and achieving energy self-sufficiency, the Prime Minister said. Alhamdolillah, security situation in the country has improved a great deal due to the unmatched and relentless sacrifices of the security institutions, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police personnel backed by the unflinching resolve of the entire nation. We launched Zarb-i-Azb and National Action Plan after evolving a national consensus; Terrorism is receding from the country and we will rid the country from this cancer soon InshaAllah, the Prime Minister said. We have been successful in gripping the energy crisis that has been affecting our people for quite a long period of time. Different energy projects are satisfactorily being executed across different parts of the country including clean energy projects. We will add around 10000 MWs of electricity to the national grid by the start of 2018 and we will honor our commitment to the people of Pakistan by eliminating load shedding from the country before the end of our tenure in the government.
We have launched massive infrastructure development projects worth more than Rs-850 Billion across the length and breadth of the country simultaneously for the first time in the history of the country, the Prime Minister said. No province or region is left behind in the process of development; we will make it sure that all parts of the country reap equal benefits from the process of development.
The Prime Minister said that CPEC will not only be a game changer but also the fate changer for the entire region. The Corridor will result into establishment of economic zones and generate employment opportunities across the country as well as significantly reducing poverty.
There is a reason to hope for the bright future of Pakistan now. Everything has been happening in front of you for the last three years. We will further consolidate the socio-economic as well as internal security gains with the backing of the entire nation, the Prime Minister concluded.
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021