Gulalai accuses Imran Khan of using KP funds for NA-120 election campaign
ISLAMABAD - Ayesha Gulalai, lawmaker of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday, accused the party chairman Imran Khan for using funds of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government in political campaigns for NA-120 by-elections.
She stated this while addressing the media outside the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) after attending the hearing of reference filed by the National Assembly Speaker to invoke the membership of Gulalai.
"It can be assessed on the basis of NA-120 results that Imran Khan is not a popular leader," she said, adding that she sympathised with Dr Yasmin Rashid, who has to face defeat because of Khan.
She added that the land mafia support to Imran Khan would not be enough to win the elections.
Gulalai said that Imran filed a reference with NAB against her for exposing his misogynistic behaviour, but the anti-graft watch dog cleared her.
She also slammed Khan for selecting Sheikh Rasheed as a candidate for the seat of prime minister, adding that there were other members who could have been considered.
"I am still a member of the party," she said, adding that the PTI has detracted due to the presence of Imran Khan.
Calling for conducting dope test of every politicians, she claimed that Khan is a drug addict.
On Tuesday, Gulalai submitted her reply to the Election Commission of Pakistan following a reference filed by Ayaz Sadiq to deseat her.
Gulalai in her reply rejected the allegations by terming them “baseless and misleading,” adding that such attempts are made to suppress her voice against harassment.
Regarding the allegation of not casting her vote for the PTI's supported prime minister candidate, she said that she could not attend the session due to illness.
Counsel for PTI also submitted documents regarding the case.
The ECP has adjourned the hearing until September 26, directing both parties to present their arguments.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020