PTI-dominated cabinet decides to place Nawaz, Maryam on ECL
ISLAMABAD - The newly inducted federal cabinet, under the chair of Imran Khan, decided on Monday to place imprisoned former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz' name on the Exit Control List (ECL).
The federal cabinet also directed the law and interior ministries to implement red warrants against Nawaz' sons, Hassan and Hussain, and former finance minister Ishaq Dar and bring them back to Pakistan, said Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry in a presser after assuming the office.
The law ministry has also been directed to contact the British government over the Avenfield properties, he added.
PM Imran Khan appoints ex-NAB deputy prosecutor ... 03:16 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan appointed on Monday former deputy prosecutor National Accountability Bureau (NAB) ...
"Avenfield properties belong to Pakistan," Chaudhary said, referring to one of the corruption cases against the Sharif family in which the former premier was sentenced to a total of 11 years in prison while his daughter Maryam was given eight years' sentence by an accountability court earlier in July.
The father-daughter duo is currently serving their term at Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi, along with Maryam's husband Captain (r) Safdar who was sentenced to a year in prison.
Unconventional & extempore: PM Imran Khan ... 10:51 PM | 19 Aug, 2018
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan pledged that his government would cut spending, launch sweeping reforms and take ...
Fawad Chaudhry continued that eliminating corruption was an important part of the policy of PTI government adding that there will be no political appointments in Imran Khan's government.
The information minister further expressed hope that the party would also win the presidential election, which will be held on September 4.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020