Capt (r) Safdar gets bail in NAB offices clash case
LAHORE – A sessions court on Thursday granted interim bail to Capt (retd) Muhammad Safdar, son-in-law of former prime minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, till September 4 in Lahore NAB offices clash case.
The court directed the accused to submit surety bonds of Rs 50,000 for availing the relief of bail, besides ordering him to join the investigations..
Additional District and Sessions Judge Shakil Ahmad heard the bail application, filed by Muhammad Safdar and also sought report from the Chung police by the next date of hearing.
A counsel, on behalf of the petitioner, argued before the court that his client was nominated in the case after levelling of baseless allegations. He expressed apprehension that the police might arrest him and pleaded with the court for grant of bail.
The Chung police had registered a case against PML-N leadership including Maryam Nawaz and party workers under sections 147, 149, 290, 291, 440 , 109, 353 and 186 of Criminal Procedure Code over a clash with the police on August 11 at NAB offices during the appearance of Maryam Nawaz before an investigation team in connection with illegal transfer of 180 acres of land in Raiwind.
The PML-N workers threw stones at the police officials and tried to break the barriers outside the NAB offices as Maryam Nawaz reached the NAB offices. However, the police resorted to baton-charge to disperse the infuriated crowd and arrested several protestors.
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020