Court sends 58 arrested PML-N workers on judicial remand
LAHORE - Local court has sent 58 Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers on 14-day judicial remand, who were arrested during the clash outside the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) office on the party vice president Maryam Nawaz’s appearance.
During the hearing, the court has rejected the request of investigation officer to issue physical remand of the detainees who have been booked under eight provisions.
Earlier, A violent clash between police and PML-N workers caused cancellation of Maryam Nawaz appearance in the NAB in an illegal land case.
The NAB has postponed the hearing and the PML-N leader is likely to be summoned again next week.
The scuffle broke out outside the NAB office located near Thokar Niaz Baig ahead of the appearance of the Maryam when party supporters reportedly tried to crossed the barricades placed to bar people from reaching premises of the anti-graft body’s office.
Police party also fired tear gas and pelted stones, besides using water canon to disperse the PML-N workers.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020