Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over ceasefire violation
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Office summoned a senior Indian diplomat on Thursday and registered Pakistan's strong protest over the ceasefire violation by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control on Wednesday.
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said one innocent civilian was injured in indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces in Sabzkot Sector of the LoC.
He said the Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary have been continuously targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons.
He said this year, India has committed more than 2027 ceasefire violations to date, resulting in 16 martyrdoms and serious injuries to 166 innocent civilians.
Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, the Spokesperson said such senseless acts are in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, and are also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.
He said these egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020