First Ever Arab Fashion Week to Take Place in Riyadh
Saudi Arabia is set to host its first Arab Fashion Week next month to support aspiring Saudi designers.
Saudi Arabia is becoming more and more developed and it’s a very special time for female empowerment. It is also an opportunity for the world to see the beautiful, creative and talented Saudi Arabia.
Princess Noura bint Faisal, honorary president of the Arab Fashion Council (AFC), announced the news to a small group of industry insiders and journalists in London on Monday morning.
Reading a letter from the General Entertainment Authority in Saudi Arabia, she said: “Saudi Arabia’s artistic community has been growing in size and in confidence for a number of years and the General Entertainment Authority believes that such an event will allow a proper platform to showcase their fashion and arts talents as the vehicle for a comprehensive range of entertainment options in Saudi Arabia.
“The General Entertainment Authority is proud to support an event that seeks to bring people together in a mutual appreciation of the power of fashion and art.”
The show, organized by the Arab Fashion Council, will take place from March 26 to 31 at the Apex Center in Riyadh. The event would be open to designers from all over the world. “This event is just the beginning,” she said.
By launching the first Arab Fashion Week in Riyadh, they are aiming to organize a world-class fashion event to promote the fashion sector will support other economy sectors such as tourism, hospitality, travel and trade.
The AFC aims to unite 22 Arab countries under one umbrella.
- WATCH – Motorist in Quetta miraculously escapes death after train ...02:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Wedding guests showered with US dollars in Gujranwala01:29 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Samsung scion Lee won't appeal prison sentence for bribery12:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #K2Winter2021 – Bad weather deters Muhammad Ali Sadpara, team from ...12:49 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Fresh clash reported among Indian, Chinese forces near Sikkim12:10 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021