Pakistan’s first successful robotic surgery performed in Karachi
The OT Complex Civil Hospital Karachi and the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) witnessed Pakistan’s first robotic surgery on the concluding day of the three-day international multidisciplinary robotic surgery workshop.
The procedure, called hysterectomy, was performed on a woman with intractable bleeding acquiring multiple transfusions. The uterus of the 55-year-old patient, hailing from Balochistan, was removed. She will be discharged after 24 hours.
Iran unveils first robo surgeon 03:13 PM | 26 Dec, 2018
TEHRAN – Iran has unveiled its Sina Surgery Robotic System (Flex model) for the first time at the Tehran's permanent ...
Prof Shamim Khan of the King’s College London and Dr Kankipati Shanti Raju from Guys and St Thomas Hospitals London performed the robotic surgery procedure along with a team of support staff.
- Huge economic transformation project for Karachi under CPEC launched08:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Northern bat first against Sindh in 6th national T20 match07:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021