Man kills brother for ‘honour’ in Karachi
In what appears to be a case of 'honour killing', Ittehad Town police suspect that 24-year-old Kashif was brutally murdered by his brother inside their home in Block 2 of Abidabad, Karachi.
Initially, the suspect managed to flee the crime scene but was later arrested by police.
The Dawn quoted a police officer as saying that the suspect confessed to killing his brother as he (Kashif) allegedly had "illicit relations" with his wife.
The police have registered a murder case against the suspect following a complaint filed by the third brother, Majid.
Two families arrested for agreeing ‘revenge ... 04:45 PM | 27 Mar, 2018
LAHORE - Police in Pakistan’s most populous province have arrested 12 people - including members of a village ...
In October 2016, an anti-honour killing bill was passed to stop the so-called honour killings in Pakistan.
The legislation mandates life imprisonment for honour killings, but whether a murder can be defined as a crime of honour is left to the judge’s discretion.
The International Honour Based Violence Network (HBVA) estimates that about 1,000 women are being killed in the name of honour every year in Pakistan which is 20 percent of all such killings worldwide.
- Faisalabad woman sues Hadiqa Kiani for "severe hair loss'11:43 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Covid-19 deaths top 8,000 in Pakistan, active cases cross 50,00010:48 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Adolf Hitler’ wins election in Namibia10:24 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:21 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- How Punjabi Indians draw a parallel between Modi and Imran (VIDEO)11:31 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020