Nawaz Sharif becomes 'social worker' after landing in jail
According to local media reports, the convicted Nawaz also held talks with jail authorities to carry out the activity.
The three-time former premier has directed his personal staff in jail to get details of prisoners who could not afford the amount for paying the imposed fines by courts in their respective cases.
Nawaz Sharif has vowed to pay the fines on their behalf in order to get them released from the jail. He also announced to install water facility inside the jail.
Adiala jail authorities said that a list is being prepared of the inmates who have not been released due to non-payment of the fines.
Nawaz was sentenced to a total of 11 years in prison and slapped a £8 million fine (Rs1.3 billion) while Maryam was sentenced to eight years with a £2 million fine (Rs335 million). Moreover, Maryam’s husband, Capt (retd) Safdar, is also serving his term in Adiala jail.
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Gang of poachers smuggling Leopard skins busted in KPK08:41 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020