Two COVID-19 patients treated with plasma therapy recovered in Hyderabad
HYDERABAD - Two coronavirus patients have recovered after being , treated with plasma therapy and have been discharged from the Civil Hospital Hyderabad.
According to media report, 53-year-old man from Sanghar district and 64-year-old woman from Naushahro Feroze district have been fully recovered after successful completion of plasma therapy.
Both the patients were in critical condition after which they put on ventilator. The plasma therapy was administered after families of both the patients volunteered on their behalf, hospital officials said.
Two more patients have been administered with plasma bringing the total number of patients to six.
Plasma therapy or passive immunization, is an experimental therapy that treats COVID-19 patients using plasma, donated by those who once had the illness but transfused from it.
Plasma is collected from their blood samples and then transfused to those who have tested positive for the virus.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020