India launches its first Balochi news service
"The All India Radio has been airing hour-long Balochi programme every day, which also includes news as well. This service was started in 1974 and reaches those who speak the language in Pakistan as well. However it is felt that with a website and mobile app, these programmes will gain a global audience especially among Balochi speaking diaspora," a source reported to NDTV.
The move to start a Balochi web service comes following the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech in which he had brought up the issue of Balochistan and Azad Kashmir.
The duration of the present news bulletins is 10 minutes, which could be increased.
Earlier, DD News had also sent a team to Geneva to interview Brahumdagh Bugti, leader of Baloch Republican Party.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021