Major, Sepoy martyred in IED explosion near Afghan border
LAHORE - An Army major, and a soldier were martyred in an improvised explosive device (IED)explosion near Pak-Afghan border in Mohmand tribal district, the Inter-Services Public Relations said on Friday.
Maj Adeel Shahid and Sepoy Faraz Hussain "fell victim to an IED planted by terrorists from across the border", the director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) tweeted.
Major Adeel Shahid & Sepoy Faraz Hussain embraced shahadat on Pak-Afg Border in Mohmand Distt. Squad under shaheed offr was supervising fencing work in an area which carried critical infiltration route. Shaheeds fell victim to an IED planted by terrorists from across the border. pic.twitter.com/NtEVllHqtq— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) September 20, 2019
The squad under the martyred officer was supervising fencing work in an area "which carried [a] critical infiltration route", the ISPR added.
He said the martyrs fell victim to an "IED by terrorists from across the border.".
According to the ISPR, Major Adeel was a resident of Karachi while Sepoy Faraz belonged to Kotli, Azad Kashmir.
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019