Saudi Arabia soon to have over 600 cinema screens
The announcement came just a day after the historic launch of the Kingdom’s first public cinema in collaboration with AMC Entertainment in King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh on April 18 after 35 years.
Vox Cinemas is set to open the first public a four-screen multiplex at Riyadh Park Mall in the coming days, the company said.
The Kingdom has ended over three-decade ban on commercial cinemas, which were shuttered in the early 1980s but are returning through a modernising drive by the reform-minded Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense.
The authorities plan to set up around 350 cinemas with over 2,500 screens by 2030, which they hope will attract nearly $1 billion in annual ticket sales.
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- PTI’s Firdous Naqvi resigns as Sindh opposition leader05:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020