PM Khan decides action against corrupt elements in CDA
The response from the newly-elected premier came after a ten-year performance report of the CDA was presented before him, local media reported.
Khan commented that corrupt elements in the corporation will not be tolerated and decided a crackdown on the black sheep in the department.
He emphasised the need for making the prevention wing of the authority more effective, in order to yield better results.
In order to tackle the water issues in the capital city, the Prime Minister has ordered the CDA to resolve the issue on an immediate basis.
Capital Development Authority is a public benefit corporation responsible for providing municipal services in Islamabad Capital Territory.
The CDA was established on 14 June 1960 by executive order entitled Pakistan Capital Regulation. As of 2016, most of CDA's municipal services and departments have been transferred to the newly created Islamabad Metropolitan Corporation, although CDA is still in charge of estate management, project execution and sector developments.
- Man accused of blasphemy walks free after 10 years in jail12:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Brendan Taylor faces ICC ban after a blackmail plot by Indian ...11:28 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021