US Presidential Race: Trump sweeps South Carolina, Hillary wins Nevada ahead of Super Tuesday
Meanwhile Hillary Clinton registered second victory in Nevada after thin lead in Iowa and a high margin defeat in New Hampshire.
The development comes just a week ahead of Super Tuesday (March 1, 2016) when about twelve US states will poll for primary elections.
According to US media reports, Donals Trump got 32.50% votes while Marco Rubio earned 22.48% and Ted Cruz, the runner up candidate in Iowa primary, remained third with 22.33% votes.
On the Democrats' side, Hillary Clinton got 52.7% votes and Bernie Sander could manage to secure 47.2%.
The Republican candidate Jeb Bush, the brother of former US president GW Bush, has opted out of presidential nomination race following defeat in South Carolina primary. He could get only 7% votes in the thirs state after getting just 1% votes in each Iowa and New Hampshire.
- PM Imran urges world to ensure peace in Afghanistan02:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PAKvsNZ: Shaheen dons Shahid Afridi’s jersey No 1012:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran stresses expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan, ...11:26 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:45 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Veteran actor Talat Iqbal hospitalised in US06:07 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021