SC upholds verdict to remove Ayyan's name from ECL
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday upheld its decision to remove model Ayyan Ali's name from the Exit Control List.
A three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Saqib Nisar also disposed of the contempt of court applications filed by Ayyan Ali and the Ministry of Interior against each other.
The Chief Justice said that if the orders are not upheld, the matter would be resolved in the SC and not sent to a lower court.
Earlier in the case, on January 30 the SC rejected the interior ministry's appeal to keep Ayyan Ali's name on the ECL and endorsed the verdict of Sindh High Court (SHC) for removing her name from the same.
Ayyan was nominated in a case relating to the murder of a customs officer, who was investigating the money laundering case against the model.
- #Twenty20WorldCup rolls into action today as #Oman face ...11:53 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021