Pakistan re-imposes ban on Hafiz Saeed's JuD, FIF
The decision to reinstate the ban was made during a crucial meeting of the national Security Committee (NSC) which was convened in the aftermath of Pulwama attack and the allegations hurled by India against Pakistan in this regard.
The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan and was attended by three services chiefs, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and others.
PM Imran approves comprehensive retaliation to ... 06:56 PM | 21 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Taking a strong exception to the threats in the aftermath of Pulwama attack, Prime Minister Imran Khan has ...
After the ordinance became ineffective, the two organisations were wiped off national list of proscribed organisations, however, this time, the two organisations have been notified as proscribed organisations through the Ministry of Interior.
Before the latest development, the two organisations had been under watch by the Ministry of Interior under Section 11-D-(1), read with Schedule-II of the Anti-Terrorism Act.
The ban on the two organisations is apparently not linked to the Pulwama attack in Indian Occupied Kashmir that left over 40 Indian soldiers dead.
The development might has its roots in the Financial Action Task Force guidelines with which Pakistan has to comply in order to get off the Grey list.
- Hafeez Shaikh decides to not resign as finance minister after PM ...06:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PTI asks ECP to withhold victory notification of Yousaf Raza Gillani05:45 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- British Pakistani lawyer fights case for 34,000 international ...04:38 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Hema Malini receives COVID-19 jab04:32 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan’s first OTT platform UrduFlix is now live03:52 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Vote of confidence – Pakistani celebs voice support for PM Imran ...02:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021