Mufti Abdul Qavi and Qandeel disagree on what really happened between them at the hotel
Talking to a private TV channel, the religious figure said he had been in contact with Baloch ahead of that pre-planned meeting. The Mufti held that the social media sensation had insisted on a live meeting during his next visit to Karachi.
However, according to the Mufti, he had set one condition for the meeting: Qandeel would have to observe all 30 fasts of Ramazan - a practice mandatory for every Muslim. Baloch, on the other hand, denies making this promise.
Qavi told a private TV channel that their meeting happened at around 1:30 pm on Monday, during which Qandeel was enlightened about magic and other topics.
Qavi, who heads the Ulema wing of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, further said that Baloch had asked him to fix her meeting with PTI Chairman Imran Khan.
Baloch has, in the past, proposed to the PTI chief many times. So far, she has been rebuffed every time by the twice-divorced Khan.
Speaking about the pictures in which Qandeel playfully poses with the Mufti's signature hat, Qavi said: “The girl asked for my hat as she had nothing to cover her head with.”
Qavi maintained that the release of pictures by Qandeel was merely a publicity stunt. "She took advantage of the situation to become famous and promote herself,” explained the Mufti, adding that she had done the same in the past with her promise to strip dance for Pakistan's former T20 captain Shahid Afridi.
Yet, Qandeel painted an entirely different picture of the meeting.
When asked by a news presenter about her promise to observe all 30 fasts during Ramazan, Baloch said she was only answerable to Allah, not the Mufti.
Baloch also claimed that Qavi had even asked for her hand in marriage. “Mufti sahb is still young. Like any ‘young boy’, he can also like a young and glamorous girl like me,” she said light-heartedly.
However, according to Baloch, nobody can take Imran Khan’s place in her life. Rejecting the impression that Khan would be hurt by this bizarre bond between them, Qandeel Baloch said: “Imran should be happy that his future wife is so talented that she is able to expose his own party’s so called-religious leaders.”
This is not the Mufti’s first run-in with a headline-grabbing Pakistani celebrity like Qandeel. The Mufti had earlier developed close ties with Veena Malik, after entering into a verbal argument with her on live television. The Mufti now claims to be one of the major influences behind Veena Malik’s Islamic “reformation”.
- Black Day: Kashmiris observe India's Republic Day with protests10:24 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- 'Fight to the last ball': PM Imran gives advice to all teams in his ...09:52 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 5,196 new infections, positivity rate ...09:28 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:06 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Shamoon Abbasi was offered a Bollywood film with Priyanka Chopra05:30 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Faryal Mehmood’s new dance video goes viral04:30 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Salman Khan files defamation case against his neighbour for ...05:00 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021