At least 32 killed, 52 injured in IS attack on Nauroz celebrations in Kabul
Nasrat Rahimi, the deputy spokesman for the Interior Ministry, said the attacker was on foot.
The Persian new year, known in Afghanistan as Nauruz, is a national holiday. The country’s minority Shiites typically celebrate by visiting shrines.
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack. It has repeatedly targeted Shias, who the extremists view as apostates deserving of death.
Condemnation from Pakistan
In a statement issued by the Foreign Office, Pakistan expressed deepest sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.
“We are grieved at the loss of precious and innocent lives in this brutal attack of terrorism,” the statement went on to add.
Pakistan reiterates its unequivocal condemnation of terrorism in all forms and manifestations and expresses solidarity with the government and people of Afghanistan in their fight against the menace of terrorism.
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PU discontinues Master’s degree programme07:34 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran summons National Security Committee meeting amid protests07:17 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021