JIT report on Model town killings: PAT announces country-wide protests
Speaking at a press conference in Lahore on Thursday, PAT President Raheeq Abbasi and Secretary General Khurram Nawaz Gandapur announced countrywide protests and demanded the transfer of the case to a military court.
Last year on November 13, the government had formed a five-member Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe into the Model Town incident.
Other than law enforcement agencies, the probe also included representatives from the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Military Intelligence (MI).
Eleven workers of PAT were killed and over 100 people were injured in the June 17 clash between police and PAT workers in Model Town, Lahore.
The killing led to anti-government protests led by Qadri who also staged a two month long sit-in in Islamabad.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021