Pakistan, Malaysia ink deal to partially end visa requirement for travel
KUALA LUMPUR - Pakistan and Malaysia on Friday signed an agreement on the partial abolition of visa for travel between the two countries amid Prime Minister Imran Khan's visit.
In a statement, the Malaysian foreign ministry said the two Prime Ministers Mahathir Muhammad and Imran Khan witnessed the signing ceremony after talks in Kuala Lumpur.
"FM Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Malaysian Home Minister Tan Sri Dato Haji Muhyiddin signed the MoU on Partial Abolition on Visa Requirement, in the presence of PM Imran Khan and Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad," Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal tweeted.
FM Shah Mahmood Qureshi and #Malaysian Home Minister Tan Sri Dato Haji Muhyiddin signed the MoU on Partial Abolition on Visa Requirement, in the presence of PM Imran Khan @PakPMO and Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad @chedetofficial. @MalaysiaMFA pic.twitter.com/Kge5dtumpx— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) November 21, 2018
The agreement partially abolished the visa requirement for diplomatic and official passport holders, according to Malaysian media.
The deal will reinforce the positive momentum in the bilateral relationship by broadening contact at the officials’ level between the two countries, said a joint statement.
Earlier, the two countries agreed to further strengthen cooperation in diverse fields and said both sides will highlight new areas for future collaboration.
Pakistan prime minister and his Malaysian counterpart Mahathir Mohamad held a joint press conference in Putrajaya, vowing to boost bilateral ties and cooperation in various fields.
PM Imran vows to follow Malaysian model to ... 09:24 AM | 21 Nov, 2018
KUALA LUMPUR - Prime Minister Imran Khan and his Malaysian counterpart Mahathir Mohamad on Wednesday agreed to continue ...
Pakistan's prime minister said that he believes both countries are facing the same challenges in terms of corruption and debts.
Telling main reason behind his first official visit to Malaysian, Khan said that he wanted to come to the country out of admiration for PM Mahathir.
"You are a statesman who transformed his country and we have followed your country’s progress since when you came into office", he said.
“We want to learn from your experience, how you transformed your economy and developed it,” he said.
PM Imran also invited Mohamad to visit Pakistan as chief guest on the occasion of Pakistan Day falling on 23rd March next year.
List of countries offering e-visa to Pakistanis 03:10 PM | 31 Jul, 2018
LAHORE – Pakistani passport was ranked the second lowest in 2016 out of 196 countries. However, in 2017, it slightly ...
Addressing the presser, the Malaysian premier said that common issues like privatisation, foreign direct investment (FDI), tourism and food were discussed in the meeting.
Mohamad said that he had been invited to visit Pakistan on March 23, 2019 as chief guest to join the celebrations of country's Pakistan Day.
Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday reached Kuala Lumpur on a two-day official visit of Malaysia.
The Malaysian authorities rolled out the red carpet for the Pakistani premier as he arrived in the Malaysian capital with Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Finance Minister Asad Umar, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry and Adviser on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019