SC regularise 2,150 employees of Workers Welfare Board
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Thursday maintained the Peshawar High Court verdict and regularized the services of 2150 employees of Workers Welfare Board (WWB).
Workers Welfare Board employees had been recruited on the contract in 2011.
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Maqbool Baqar, heard the case.
During the course of proceedings, Advocate Shoaib Shaheen, counsel for the employees, said that the three committees decided in favour of the employees.
The counsel for the Welfare Board opposed the regularization of employees and contended that it was not possible due of lack of funds.
The bench said that the unavailability of funds was not a matter of court.
The Supreme Court upheld Peshawar High Court verdict and ordered that the employees must be given permanent status.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019