SC regularise 2,150 employees of Workers Welfare Board
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Thursday maintained the Peshawar High Court verdict and regularized the services of 2150 employees of Workers Welfare Board (WWB).
Workers Welfare Board employees had been recruited on the contract in 2011.
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Maqbool Baqar, heard the case.
During the course of proceedings, Advocate Shoaib Shaheen, counsel for the employees, said that the three committees decided in favour of the employees.
The counsel for the Welfare Board opposed the regularization of employees and contended that it was not possible due of lack of funds.
The bench said that the unavailability of funds was not a matter of court.
The Supreme Court upheld Peshawar High Court verdict and ordered that the employees must be given permanent status.
- World Contraception Day 2020 — Experts for managing population, ...12:18 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pak Army solider martyred in Indian firing along LoC11:34 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- PIA indebted to Karachi plane crash survivor for trusting national ...10:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- 13 burnt alive after passenger vehicle catches fire in Sindh’s ...09:44 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Drug probe: Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan ...02:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Lily Collins is engaged to Charlie McDowell02:03 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020