Indian police arrest Shabbir Shah in New Delhi
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) - Indian police arrested senior Hurriyat leader and the Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, Shabbir Ahmed Shah, in New Delhi on Saturday.
The police took Shabbir Ahmed Shah into custody from the airport soon after he arrived to meet Prime Minister’s Advisor on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz in the Indian capital.
The Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi has invited the Hurriyat leaders to meet Sartaj Aziz during a reception in the honour of Sartaj Aziz on Monday.
Earlier, talking to media men in Srinagar, Shabbir Ahmed Shah said that talks between Pakistan and India must go on to subside the pressure on both sides of the Line of Control.
On the other hand, the veteran Hurriyat leader, Syed Ali Gilani, continues to remain under house arrest in Srinagar.
Indian police have arrested Hurriyat leaders, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Syed Bashir Andrabi and Mir Hafeezullah in Srinagar.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022