10200-megawatt added to system: Leghari
In a statement on Thursday, he said the government has added 10200-megawatt electricity and losses have also been brought down to 17.8 percent as compared to 19 percent in 2013.
The minister said that power losses cannot be reduced without the active cooperation of provincial governments and consumers.
He said that during the next month, power demand is expected to remain 15800 megawatts while the availability of electricity will be 16000 megawatts.
Sardar Awais Leghari categorically clarified that power theft and losses cannot be tolerated as the economy of the country has to suffer and it was not possible to pass on losses to consumers who pay bills regularly.
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021