One dead, eight missing as strong winds knock over two fishing boats near Thatta
KARACHI – At least one person died and eight others were reported missing on Saturday after two fishing boats carrying 38 people capsized near Keti Bandar, a fishing town 154 kilometers from Karachi, due to strong winds on the Arabian Sea.
Powerful winds on Friday uprooted electric poles, trees and brought down walls and roofs in different areas of Karachi, leaving at least six people dead and scores others injured.
Both boats Al Siddique and Al-Bahria, which left Karachi Fisheries coast on January 16, 2022, were knocked down by strong winds in Thatta.
Reports said that at least 22 fishermen from one boat, Al-Bahrin, managed to reach a nearby island and are reported to be safe. However, eight of the 16 fishermen onboard Al Siddique are yet to be rescued.
Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that the government will leave no stone unturned to rescue the missing fishermen.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department has forecast the southern coast of Pakistan will continue to adverse weather at least until Jan. 27.
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022