Army deployed in AJK for secure election process
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan Army troops have been deployed in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) on "Quick Reaction Force mode" from July 22 to July 26 to ensure security during forthcoming elections.
The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) in a statement said the troops are going to be deployed under Article 245 of the Constitution.
"Army has been requested by the AJK Election Commission to provide secure environment during AJK elections scheduled on July 25," the statement read.
"AJK Police, assisted by law enforcement agencies from other provinces and civil armed forces — including Rangers and the FC — will be employed for smooth and peaceful conduct of AJK elections," it added.
The development comes a day after the political parties contesting the AJK elections agreed on calling in the army for security and support.
The decision was taken in a meeting had been called by the Election Commission to develop consensus on the deployment of army.
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Asif, Malik guide Pakistan to seal 5-wicket victory against ...10:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021