Coronavirus situation can further worsen, says govt after easing lockdown
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant on National Health Services Dr. Zafar Mirza has warned the COVID-19 situation could further worsen if the people did not practice the precautionary measures.
His statement comes after the federal government eased lockdown measures, allowing markets, shopping plazas and other places to reopen.
Briefing the media in Islamabad on Friday, Mirza said the country recorded 2603 new coronavirus cases with fifty deaths during the last twenty four hours which are the highest in a single day.
He said the country also conducted the highest number of coronavirus tests during the last twenty-four hours.
The Special Assistant recalled that the lockdown was eased in view of the difficulties of the poor people and the daily wagers, Radio Pakistan reported.
Dr Zafar Mirza appealed the people to follow the SOPs agreed for Ramazan-ul-Mubarak in the prayers of Juma-tul-Wida and Eid.
He said it has been made mandatory for the people to wear masks at any gathering or while using the public transport. He said this will help the people to keep themselves and others safe from the contagion.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020