Pak Suzuki to replace Mehran with 660cc Alto, Cultus with Celerio
The information was shared with Senate Standing Committee on Industries and Production during its visit to company's production area.
The Senate delegation was led by Senator Hidayatullah and included Khalida Parveen, Kalsoom Perveen and Chaudhry Tanvir Khan. Additional Secretary, Ministry of Industries and Production, Sher Ayub Khan and Engineering Development Board CEO, Tariq Ejaz Chaudhry also accompanied the delegation.
Sources privy to the development confirmed that the firm has already started the process of localisation of parts for the new 660cc car.
Moreover, the company also unveiled its plans of replacing Suzuki Cultus with Suzuki Celerio 1,000cc by March 2017.
Pak Suzuki had discontinued Suzuki FX 800cc in 1988 with the introduction of Suzuki Mehran. The firm kept earning a huge revenue due to the same model despite heavy influx of imported vehicles in the country.
Update* Pak Suzuki has denied launching any car in next two years, a day after publication of news on multiple web sites.
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021