Pak Suzuki to replace Mehran with 660cc Alto, Cultus with Celerio
The information was shared with Senate Standing Committee on Industries and Production during its visit to company's production area.
The Senate delegation was led by Senator Hidayatullah and included Khalida Parveen, Kalsoom Perveen and Chaudhry Tanvir Khan. Additional Secretary, Ministry of Industries and Production, Sher Ayub Khan and Engineering Development Board CEO, Tariq Ejaz Chaudhry also accompanied the delegation.
Sources privy to the development confirmed that the firm has already started the process of localisation of parts for the new 660cc car.
Moreover, the company also unveiled its plans of replacing Suzuki Cultus with Suzuki Celerio 1,000cc by March 2017.
Pak Suzuki had discontinued Suzuki FX 800cc in 1988 with the introduction of Suzuki Mehran. The firm kept earning a huge revenue due to the same model despite heavy influx of imported vehicles in the country.
Update* Pak Suzuki has denied launching any car in next two years, a day after publication of news on multiple web sites.
- PM Imran directs to stop TLP’s planned long march05:38 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan, Tajik FMs exchange views on bilateral ties, Afghanistan in ...05:18 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Serving Indian navy commander, 4 others arrested on espionage charges05:00 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal spark marriage rumours01:38 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam celebrates Pakistan's victory with electrifying anthem02:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021