Agitation in Kashmir is not the product of Pakistan: Former IOK CM Omer Abdullah
“The current agitation is not the product of Pakistan,” Abdullah told NDTV in an interview on Monday. “Blaming Pakistan for these protests is living in denial, Glut of youth are ready to pick up guns" he added.
Omer Abdullah is currently taking part in high-level deliberations to ease the situation in Indian-occupied Kashmir.
The former Chief Minister led a delegation to call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee. During the meeting, Omer emphasized the need for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
Situation in Kashmir worsened after the killing of Burhan Wani on July 8, large scale protests erupted following the unlawful killing of the young fighter. As many as 65 people have already lost their lives amid clashes with armed troops.
The International community is pushing India for a sustainable resolution of the ongoing unrest in the area but authorities have failed to tackle the conflict.
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021