Kashmiri Women Resistance Day observed on both sides of LoC
ISLAMABAD – Kashmiri Women’s Resistance Day was being observed on Sunday on both sides of the Line of Control.
Every year since 2014, this day was commemorated as Kashmiri Women’s Resistance Day, inspired by the struggles of the survivors of mass rape and torture in the twin villages of Kunan and Poshpora in Occupied Kashmir, Radio Pakistan reported.
The three decades-long struggle of the survivors from Kunan and Poshpora is a part of the larger on-going struggle in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, against the institutionalized and structural violence of the Indian state in the region.
In connection to this day, in her message a 17-year-old Kashmiri girl said they would stand with our men during freedom movement and would not stop until freedom is achieved.
3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches ... 10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism have martyred three Kashmiri youth in Pulwama ...
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan has said Kashmir Women’s Resistance Day is the blackest day of Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir.
In a series of tweets, she said the Indian occupation forces established a dreadful example of collective disgrace of armless, innocent and helpless women, on this day.
Firdous said Indian atrocities have been defeated by the Kashmiris’ patience and steadfastness. "No brutality could deter Kashmiris from their goal of getting their right of self-determination," she added.
Now entire India was burning in the fire of Modi’s fascism and hatred, besides rights of minorities were being muzzled in India, she further said.
In India, a massive protest at Shaheen Bagh has crossed 60 days as thousands of women were protesting against Modi’s anti-minority black law.
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus: Chinese city of Wuhan partially reopens after 2 months ...11:34 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Army deploys troops across Pakistan to contain COVID-19 outbreak11:19 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa approves Rs11.40 billion package over coronavirus10:37 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019