Accountability for all: NAB chief turns eye towards 'big fish'
The meeting reviewed the quarterly performance report issued by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), it noted that ever since Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal had been appointed to the body on October 11, 2017, — NAB has been turned into an active and effective institution.
To review overall progress in inquiries and investigations, he expressed dissatisfaction on the overall progress in 22 cases approved by him for filing in NAB courts.
From the first day, the NAB chief had directed officials to complete inquiries, investigations within the stipulated period of ten months.
With a slogan of “accountability for all”, Justice Iqbal had warned the officers of the body of serious consequences should they fail to complete investigations within the stipulated time period. He had also sought reports of mega corruption cases within three months.
During this time, the NAB chief has taken notice of various complaints and ordered inquiries on several key issues including reports of corruption in the Multan metro project, corruption in 56 public limited companies, existence of 435 offshore companies by Pakistanis in Panama and the British Virgin Islands, corruption in the construction and expansion of the Kachhi Kanal, and money plundered by housing societies.
Moreover, the accountability body had also arrested 15 absconders. As a result of the action, the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA), the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) and the Capital Development Authority (CDA) have started placing details of illegal housing societies on website apart from informing the people about these societies through advertisements.
- #Senate polls: #PPP fails to win #PML-Q support for #PDM candidates10:30 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Contributions of women in all fields deserve our immense respect and ...09:50 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- TTP commander among 4 terrorists killed in Waziristan IBOs: ISPR09:20 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,592 new Covid-19 cases, 22 deaths08:23 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 08 March 202108:13 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021