Nawaz Sharif urges masses to turn 'sanctity into success' on July 25
RAWALPINDI - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, in his message from Adiala prison, Monday urged the masses to vote for Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in July 25 polls.
In an audio message ahead of the elections, the PML-N supremo urged his supporters to once again vote his party to power, saying he and daughter Maryam “went to jail just for the sake of providing respect to the vote”.
قائد مسلم لیگ ن محمد نوازشریف کا الیکشن سے قبل قوم کے نام پیغام۔— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) July 23, 2018
25 جولائی کو اپنے حقوق کی آزادی اور ووٹ کی عزت کے لئے اٹھ کھڑے ہو، گھروں سے نکلو اور شیر پر مہر لگاؤ۔#PMLN 🐅#VoteKoIzzatDo #ووٹ_کو_عزت_دو pic.twitter.com/FREu2R6mFs
Nawaz Sharif, while lauding party supporters for their contributions, asked them to defy attempts by forces who wanted to dismantle democratic values and principles.
"On July 25, after offering morning prayers, come out of your homes with full zeal and... give your vote to the PML-N.
“Come out of your homes and vote for Sher. Give your verdict in favour of democracy and development and change the fate of this country,” he said.
The audio message of the former premier was shared on his daughter Maryam Nawaz's Twitter handle.
"I, Mohammad Nawaz Sharif, is speaking from the prison and the historic day of July 25 is just around the corner," he said.
"I am witnessing your passion while being incarcerated in the jail, and listening to 'respect the vote' chants everywhere."
Nawaz through his recorded message urged masses to give a final push to the already "tumbling wall of flaws."
"I want to tell you that the time has come to give a final push to the already tumbling wall of flaws that have been destined on us for years," he said.
"Change all of this now," the former premier said, addressing people of his independent homeland, who he said had been "enslaved.
"This is a golden chance, which you are being given by Almighty Allah and through this, you have to change the fate of Pakistan at any cost," he said.
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020