Pakistan's first Sikh newscaster set to shine at upcoming channel
Harmeet Singh, who is a resident of KPK’s city Chakesar district Shangla, has joined Public News which is set to go on air from Sunday.
Harmeet is a Pakistani-born Sikh who had completed his masters in journalism from Federal Urdu University Karachi. He started his media carrier as a reporter in ATV and later on joined media veteran Yousaf Baig Mirza for Public News.
When asked whether he used the religion card for ascension in the media industry, the journalist replied in the negative and recounted that he has under his belt scores of awards and recognition and was asked to serve in the senior position owing to his flamboyant looks and voice pitch, suited to the media industry.
Harmeet Singh won two awards in the field of media: Best columnist and reporter and hopes to achieve more in the years to follow.
To a query whether he faced any difficult owing to his faith, the newsmen continued that in actual, the difference in the religion actually helped him as the Pakistani public as well as top guns of media lavished praise on him on multiple occasions.
Though the immediate family of Harmeet Singh is based in Pakistan, his extended family members keep on visiting from India.
Although Manmeet Kaur made headlines recently for becoming the first news reporter of the country, Harmeet stand out being the first one in the fraternity.
To see Harmeet in action, we need to wait for a few hours on Public News!
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021