25,000 publishing professionals attend The London Book Fair 2019, says Jacks Thomas
Ms Thomas said The London Book Fair is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels.
The director said more than 25,000 publishing professionals arrived in London for the week of the fair to learn, network, and kick off their year of business. The London Book Fair sits at the heart of London Book & Screen Week, which took place from the 11-19 March 2019.
She said people from 135 different countries come to the event."A variety of books are at the book fair, from cookery books, school textbooks, early readers' books, novels and scientific books. "It is the second largest book fair in the world. It is an event for authors and publishers looking to sell books all over the world in many different languages. Although Ms Thomas loves books and living in London, she spends a lot of time in her home county. It would be presumptuous to believe that LBF can solve book industry problems.
This year, we are seeing a large increase in children's book publishers. But this is also related to the fact that the children's and youth book market is growing in the UK. Jacks Thomas, working with London Book Fair as director for the last five years.
She Said it has definitely changed in the last few decades, everything is more multi-media now. "I was brought up in Somerset and I was married there, it is utterly beautiful. Ms Thomas said she would love to bring a book event to Somerset if there was an appetite for it.
Jacks Thomas has worked in the arts and corporate sectors for over 22 years. At The London Book Fair, one of the world’s leading publishing events, Thomas drives the ongoing development of the Fair, including the launch of London Book and Screen Week.
Thomas began her career at the BBC before moving into publishing and has held roles at Simon & Schuster, Victor Gollancz, Michael Joseph, HarperCollins, Reader’s Digest and Midas PR.
Thomas is an active member of numerous committees, charities and publishing bodies, including the Association for Publishing Education (APE), The Oxford International Centre for Publishing Studies Advisory Board and she co-founded the Chiswick Book Festival in her own time in 2010. She is a regular speaker about the book industry both at in the UK and overseas.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021