Nation observes military might displayed at 79th Pakistan Day Parade in Islamabad
The Pakistan Day military parade is underway at Parade Ground near Islamabad’s Shakarparian hills, where Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammad is guest of honor in the parade, who is on his three day visit to Pakistan.
President Arif Alvi, Prime Minister Imran Khan, senior officers and the three services chiefs are also witnessing the military parade.
Minister of Defence of the Republic of Azerbaijan Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, Commander National Guard of Bahrain Sheikh Mohamed Bin Isa Bin Salman Al-Khalifa, foreign diplomats, a large number of people from all walks of life, including artists, sportsmen, women, and children are also witnessing the parade.
Contingents of the armed forces conducted a march-past, while squadrons of the air force carried out a mesmerising fly-past at the Pakistan Day parade.
The march of different floats depicting various aspects of the culture of different provinces is also part of the parade.
Following the flypast, President Dr Arif Alvi addressed the parade and said that "March 23 is that milestone of our national history in which Muslims of the subcontinent aimed for their liberation through Pakistan Resolution."
President Alvi reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to regional peace and stability. He lauded the contribution of the armed forces towards Pakistan’s progress and cited the recent confrontation with India as an example of their proficiency.
He said Pakistan was ever willing to resolve issues through dialogue but also remained completely capable of defending itself against any aggression.
President Arif Alvi said that Pakistan’s desire for peace should never be misconstrued as weakness. Pakistan was and remains fully capable of protecting its sovereignty.
It is to be mentioned here that nation is celebrating Pakistan Day today with a commitment to ensure progress, prosperity and a strong defense of the country.
The day is being observed to commemorate the passage of Lahore Resolution on this day in 1940, under which the Muslims of the sub-continent set the agenda of a separate homeland for themselves.
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Yemen's Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia village04:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021