Punjab closes industrial units to limit coronavirus spread
LAHORE - Amid growing number of novel coronavirus cases, the Punjab government on Monday announced to close all industrial units in the province to limit the spread of the virus.
According to a notification, the food and medicine manufacturing units will not be shut, while all other industries have been closed for an indefinite period.
The provincial government has earlier imposed section 144 while police have arrested 447 people for violating restriction during previous three days.
Pakistan leads South Asia with the highest number of coronavirus cases in the region, a total of 799 till Sunday night, according to government data.
The number of cases in Punjab reached to 225 since the first case was reported in the province on March 14. The spread of the COVID-19 is more than double in Punjab as compare to Sindh where the provincial government has confirmed 333 cases in 26 days.
- PIA barred from flying to US over security concerns10:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gears up efforts to tackle Covid-19 misinformation on social ...08:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020