Four-member team formed to investigate PIA plane crash
ISLAMABAD - The government constituted a four-member team to investigate into the tragic crash accident of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-8303, that claimed dozens of precious lives.
According to the notification issued by the Aviation Division, the investigation team, headed by President Aircraft Accident and Investigation board (AAIB) Air Commodore Muhammad Usman Ghani, would be consisted of three members including AAIB Additional Director Technical Investigation, Wing Commander Malik Muhammad Imran, Operations Investigator of Pakistan Air Force Safety Board Kamra, Group Capitan Touqeer and Joint Director Air Traffic Control Operations AAIB Nasir Majeed.
"The Investigation Team shall exercise powers conferred by section 3 & 4, Rules 272 to 275 of Civil Aviation Rules, 1994 and furnish its report to this Division within the shortest possible time. However, a preliminary statement shall be issued within one month from the date of this notification."
Earlier, soon after the ill-fated incident Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan expressed deep grief and sadness over the incident and had ordered the AAIB to conduct an "immediate inquiry" into the crash.
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020