Four-member team formed to investigate PIA plane crash
ISLAMABAD - The government constituted a four-member team to investigate into the tragic crash accident of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-8303, that claimed dozens of precious lives.
According to the notification issued by the Aviation Division, the investigation team, headed by President Aircraft Accident and Investigation board (AAIB) Air Commodore Muhammad Usman Ghani, would be consisted of three members including AAIB Additional Director Technical Investigation, Wing Commander Malik Muhammad Imran, Operations Investigator of Pakistan Air Force Safety Board Kamra, Group Capitan Touqeer and Joint Director Air Traffic Control Operations AAIB Nasir Majeed.
"The Investigation Team shall exercise powers conferred by section 3 & 4, Rules 272 to 275 of Civil Aviation Rules, 1994 and furnish its report to this Division within the shortest possible time. However, a preliminary statement shall be issued within one month from the date of this notification."
Earlier, soon after the ill-fated incident Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan expressed deep grief and sadness over the incident and had ordered the AAIB to conduct an "immediate inquiry" into the crash.
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- NACTA adds TLP to banned outfits’ list of Pakistan05:49 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests: PM Imran pays tribute to police for heroically tackling ...05:19 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani actress Shehzeen Rahat ties the knot03:26 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021