Indian troops kill three Kashmiris as curfew enters 80th day
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism have killed three more youth in Pulwama district of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir region.
The Indian forces targeted the youth during a cordon and search operation at Rajpora in Tral area.
Meanwhile, life in the Kashmir Valley and Muslim majority areas of Jammu region continues to remain disturbed for the 80th consecutive day amid unprecedented Indian military lockdown.
On Wednesday, people continue to observe complete shutdown as a mark of silent protest against the Indian occupation and revocation of the territory’s special status, the Kashmir Media Service reported.
Shops and businesses establishments remain closed for most of the time except for few hours in the morning and evening while public transport is off the roads. Government offices and educational institutions were open but almost no one turned up.
Although the authorities have restored landline and some postpaid cellular connections but a total ban remains enforced on the internet and prepaid mobile phones. Being unable to speak with their loved ones, millions of people are suffering emotionally and psychologically as a direct result of the continuing siege.
Local newspapers have been reduced to few pages and they couldn’t update their online editions since the 5th of August because of the gag on internet.
US 'deeply concerned' over inhumane situation in ... 06:01 PM | 22 Oct, 2019
WASHINGTON – The United States is concerned over the current situation in Occupied Kashmir and is closely monitoring ...
On the other hand, influential American lawmakers expressing serious concern over the situation in occupied Kashmir said India needs to uphold its commitment to human rights. The lawmakers aired their concerns during a Congressional hearing on ‘Human Rights in South Asia: Views from the State Department and the Region’.
- PTI steps up for presenting soft image of Pakistan to world07:19 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- ECP appointments' matter to be resolved soon, says Sheikh Rashed07:08 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- US resumes peace talks with Taliban in Qatar06:50 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Maryam seeks LHC’s permission to travel abroad for taking care of ...05:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan names squad for Sri Lanka Tests05:05 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- It was a cap, not a shoe: Asim Azhar01:25 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Fatima Sohail seeks FIA help over 'disgusting leaked' video12:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019