Indian troops kill three Kashmiris as curfew enters 80th day
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism have killed three more youth in Pulwama district of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir region.
The Indian forces targeted the youth during a cordon and search operation at Rajpora in Tral area.
Meanwhile, life in the Kashmir Valley and Muslim majority areas of Jammu region continues to remain disturbed for the 80th consecutive day amid unprecedented Indian military lockdown.
On Wednesday, people continue to observe complete shutdown as a mark of silent protest against the Indian occupation and revocation of the territory’s special status, the Kashmir Media Service reported.
Shops and businesses establishments remain closed for most of the time except for few hours in the morning and evening while public transport is off the roads. Government offices and educational institutions were open but almost no one turned up.
Although the authorities have restored landline and some postpaid cellular connections but a total ban remains enforced on the internet and prepaid mobile phones. Being unable to speak with their loved ones, millions of people are suffering emotionally and psychologically as a direct result of the continuing siege.
Local newspapers have been reduced to few pages and they couldn’t update their online editions since the 5th of August because of the gag on internet.
US 'deeply concerned' over inhumane situation in ... 06:01 PM | 22 Oct, 2019
WASHINGTON – The United States is concerned over the current situation in Occupied Kashmir and is closely monitoring ...
On the other hand, influential American lawmakers expressing serious concern over the situation in occupied Kashmir said India needs to uphold its commitment to human rights. The lawmakers aired their concerns during a Congressional hearing on ‘Human Rights in South Asia: Views from the State Department and the Region’.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020