Indian army major killed during training exercise
Major Dhruv Yadav, believed to be in his late twenties, was struck by a splinter during a fire power demonstration involving Arjun tanks of the Army's 75 Armoured Regiment, the NDTV reported.
Major Yadav may have either been struck by a splinter from a misfired round from a tank behind the one that he was travelling on or by a splinter from an artillery shell.
A post-mortem is being conducted to ascertain the cause of death and the army has launched a full inquiry.
Sources have told NDTV that the young major was told by fellow soldiers that he was bleeding from the neck. Major Yadav finally succumbed to his injuries.
Formerly an instructor at the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun, Major Yadav is survived by his wife who is eight months pregnant.
- Mohammad Amir hints at coming out of retirement but ‘conditions ...03:44 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan International Snowboarding Championship starts in scenic ...03:24 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Bank of Punjab, Reall UK sign MoU for promotion of low cost housing ...03:01 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- #HappyBirthdaySajal trends as Pakistani star turns 2709:40 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021