532 new Coronavirus cases reported; eight deaths in past 24 hours
ISLAMABAD - The total active COVID-19 cases in Pakistan on Tuesday were recorded 7,070 as 532 more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the last 24 hours.
Eight corona patient, who was under treatment in the hospital died on Tuesday, according to the latest update issued by the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC).
No COVID affected person was on a ventilator in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Balochistan, while 107 ventilators elsewhere in Pakistan, out of 1,912 allocated for COVID-19 patients, were occupied.
Some 33,744 tests were conducted across the country on Tuesday, including 13,056 in Sindh, 10,593 in Punjab, 4,068 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 3,699 in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 1,113 in Balochistan, 227 in Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and 988 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Around 293,916 people have recovered from the disease so far across Pakistan making it a significant count with over 90 percent recovery ratio of the affected patients.
Since the pandemic outbreak, a total of 307,418 cases were detected so far, including AJK 2,566, Balochistan 14,607, GB 3,542, ICT 16,246, KP 37,418, Punjab 98,602 and Sindh 134,437.
About 6,432 deaths were recorded in the country since the eruption of the contagion, including 2,469 in Sindh, 2,227 in Punjab, 1,258 in KP, 180 in ICT, 145 in Balochistan, 83 in GB and 70 in AJK, one of them on Tuesday.
A total of 3,264,216 corona tests have been conducted so far, while 735 hospitals are equipped with COVID facilities. Some 880 corona patients were admitted in hospitals across the country.
- Casualties feared after explosion rocks Peshawar's Deer Colony08:52 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Solidarity with Kashmiris: Pakistan all set to observe 'Black Day' ...08:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020