Mega corruption revealed in Water and Power Ministry
According to secret documents presented in Public Accounts Committee, the WAPDA chairman and Water and Power secretary could not take back a loan more than Rs50 owed by KEPCO since two decades.
These officials are also accused of giving benefits to private companies overstepping their powers.
According to the documents available with Online, the Water and Power secretary has issued additional grant of billions of rupees to KEPCO despite the company did not return a loan more than Rs50 billion.
KEPCO, in 1996, had taken loan from different sources on guarantee provided by government of Pakistan but in 2002 ministry top officials made amendment in loan-agreement to give benefit to the company.
The government, as a guarantor, is paying interest on loan taken by KEPCO, from national exchequer.
On January 19 this year, the Finance ministry inquired the Secretary Water and Power about this issue who announcing his disconnection with the issue advised to send the matter to Public Accounts Committee.
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,357 new Covid-19 cases, active infections soar to ...09:26 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021