4,000 Pakistanis not handed over to foreign countries, commission on missing persons clarifies
The president of National Commission for Enforced Disappearances, Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal- who also heads National Accountability Bureau - stated on Tuesday that the figures regarding the missing persons originally appeared in leading publication 'The News' on April 18th.
'The commission, after having verified the issue, declares that the report was baseless, which could not mislead the public' said a press release issued by the body.
The commission stated that some political neophytes and adventurous politicians were trying to use the humanitarian crisis of missing persons, to their advantage and were politicising the issue by misinforming the innocent Pakhtuns.
- Anoushey Ashraf slams co-stars for not being mindful of personal ...05:05 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021