Interpol rejects FIA’s request for issuing red warrant against Altaf Hussain
In response to an application which was sent by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for issuing the warrant against Hussain, the Interpol replied that the nature of the case seemed political.
It also demanded an explanation from the FIA in this regard till March 13.
It may be mentioned here that MQM-London leader is wanted in Pakistan in different cases that include charges of terrorism and incitement to violence, among other offences.
The approval for the red warrant was issued apparently following the orders of an anti-terrorism court, which is hearing three identical cases against Hussain pertaining to his Aug 22 anti-Pakistan speech.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019