World’s longest, highest cable care project to be launched in Pakistan’s KP
PESHAWAR – The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has planned to setup the world's largest and highest cable car project in Kumrat valley of Upper Dir district.
A green signal for a detailed feasibility study and engineering design of the 14 kilometers long project has been issued in a meeting of the provincial Tourism Department chaired by Chief Minister Mahmood Khan on Thursday.
The mega project, which would be an attraction for millions of local and foreign tourists, will connect the Kumrat valley to Lower Chitral’s Madaklasht valley.
The planners informed the meeting the project would open doors to employment opportunities for locals particularly and boost economic activity in the province.
The cost of the projected has been estimated at around Rs32 billion.
Apart from the main attraction of the cable car, facilities will include a car parking space, a restaurant, and other allied facilities.
The feasibility report would be completed in next five or six months, the meeting was told.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020