4 killed, 100 injured in train derailment in Bangladesh
The accident took place in Moulvibazar district, some 203 km away from the capital Dhaka.
Nurun Nabi, a local fire service official, told Xinhua that the accident happened around 11:50 p.m. local time on Sunday night.
According to the official, one of the carriages of the train, Upaban Express, heading to Dhaka from northeaster Sylhet city, fell into a canal while two others fell close to the canal's banks.
According to the official, rescue services were at the scene. He said the death toll may rise.
The cause of the accident is being investigated.
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021