PM Imran speaks to Bill Gates; discusses COVID crisis, polio eradication
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday (today) held a telephonic conservation with Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
Reports quoting Prime Minister’s Office said ‘They exchanged views on the ongoing polio eradication campaign in the country as well as on Pakistan’s response to the public health challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.’
The premier appreciated the work of the BMGF foundation for the socio-economic uplift of the most disadvantaged people around the globe, especially for promoting universal access to health services and combating infectious diseases. He expressed gratitude, in particular, for its partnership with Pakistan to rid the country of polio.
Khan during the call with the American business magnate reaffirmed that polio eradication remained a key national priority for the incumbent government and earnest efforts were continuing to further intensify the anti-polio campaign across the country despite the challenges imposed by the COVID-19 crisis to make Pakistan a polio-free country.
Bill Gates expressed his appreciation for PM Imran’s leadership for this national cause. Keeping up pressure will be the key to ending transmission for good, he added.
During the call, PM also highlighted Pakistan’s efforts to overcome the third wave of Covid-19 in the country.
PM Imran seeks Bill Gates’ help in combating ... 05:41 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has written a letter to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and invited him to ...
Alluding to Pakistan’s potential in the Information Technology (IT) sector and the government’s business-friendly IT policy, PM encouraged Microsoft to further expand its footprint in Pakistan.
Today’s telephone call follows the high-level GPEI (Global Polio Eradication Initiative ) Polio Oversight Board (POB) delegation visit to Pakistan in early June when Prime Minister Imran Khan met with POB leadership and had convened the National Task Force on Polio Eradication, it further stated.
- PM Imran stresses boosting economic ties in meeting with Saudi FM08:17 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran's cabinet approves Pakistan Cyber Security Policy 202107:54 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Blinken in India to take up grave human rights violations with Modi07:39 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Parents remanded to jail as Zahir Jaffer 'confesses to' killing Noor ...07:18 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi sets temperature soaring with new dance video in saree05:31 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Sonya Hussyn hints at getting married soon04:32 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Humayun Saeed turns 5003:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021