MQM opposes judicial commission, others support
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement however sounded averse to the agreement, as party’s top leader Farooq Sattar said, “The proposed commission was contrary to the Constitution and violation of Articles 189 and 225 of the Constitution.”
Prime Minister Sharif briefed the parliamentary leaders about the bits of the draft of the commission’s formation at the Parliament House. He said his government wished to take everyone along on all the national affairs and it was necessary for him to take the parliamentary heads into confidence on the recent patch-up with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, who made the deal possible with the agitating PTI, also gave a detailed briefing to the parliamentary leaders of all political parties.
Several political parties including ANP and JUI-F expressed their reservations over the judicial commission, saying that the entire election process could not be abrogated if rigging was proved in a few constituencies.
Meanwhile MQM leader Haider Abbas Rizvi rejected allegations that Altaf Hussain had issued threats to any agency.
"Chaudhry Nisar should also share the statements of Altaf Hussain in support of Zarb-e-Azb operation with the British envoy," Rizvi said while interacting with reporters at party headquarters Nine-Zero.
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China to launch its first solar probe in 202209:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Ex-judge to head Pakistan probe into Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for demeaning their café ...08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Army chief hails tireless efforts of ISI for national ...08:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021