Govt fully believes in democratic norms and principles, says PM Imran
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that present government fully believes in democratic norms and principles and that is why it has constituted a negotiating team to hold talks with the opposition.
Talking to senior journalists and anchorpersons in Islamabad, he said the opposition enjoys full liberty to exercise its democratic right. However, this right should be used in accordance with the country's law, constitution and the decisions of higher judiciary.
The Prime Minister said media is also a stakeholder in the country's progress and development. He said the government will welcome support of the media to bring stability in the country and meet current challenges.
Talking about economy, the Prime Minister said with the economic indicators depicting improvement, the government's efforts to stabilize the country's economy has started bringing positive results.
He asked the media to play its role in highlighting such positive economic indicators for strengthening the confidence of investors, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Expressing the government's commitment in highlighting the Kashmir issue at international forums, the Prime Minister said the government would continue to make every possible effort to expose the Indian government's atrocities against the innocent people of Occupied Kashmir internationally.
Imran Khan said it is due to the government's efforts that the Kashmir issue has been internationalized as the foreign media is also highlighting the situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
Responding to a question about the health of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Imran Khan said he has already issued directives to provide the best medical care to him.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019